Oklahoma City is unlike any other city in the world. It was born in one day with the sound of a gunshot, and settled by a historic land run. One journalist from the land run wrote about it in such a way that describes not only the spirit of our great city but the essence of what Energy FC aims to portray as a club. That is “an attitude that all things are possible if people are willing to take a chance and embrace the future without hesitation or reservation.”
That same spirit lives today as the city continues a great renaissance. Those great qualities make Energy FC proud to represent Oklahoma City in the world’s beautiful game.
Just like the great city we live in, Energy FC aims to set the standard on all levels for being filled with passionate, prideful ambassadors for both the city and the game by committing themselves to the OKC Standard.
To our Club, it means that you’re a part of some of the most passionate fans in the United States and that you help serve as the face of our great city and club. It means that you are part of a larger mission of helping unite and build support for soccer in this great city.
As a whole, by demonstrating the OKC Standard, we will create new Greens. And at the same time, reflect the heart of the entire community.
The heart of the OKC Standard is evident when we band together to make a sea of Greens and wave our flags high to show others who we are: passionate, prideful, and respectful all at the same time.
The OKC Standard is derived from the larger goals of taking Energy FC to the highest possible levels in this country and as such is an adoption of the Major League Soccer (MLS) Fan Code of Conduct and Pledge to Fans. Disorderly behavior, including but not limited to racism, discrimination, sexism, homophobia, inappropriate language and disrespect towards fellow Greens or other fans have no place with Energy FC. How we conduct ourselves, whether at a stadium, at a watch party, and even online, through words or actions, reflect on both Energy FC and our great city.
The United Soccer League (USL) and its Member Clubs make providing a positive and memorable experience
for their fans a priority. In an effort to foster a safe and comfortable atmosphere, the following fan guidelines
are instituted at all USL matches:
- Fans will be respectful towards the players, staff, officials, and fellow fans.
- Fans will refrain from using language or displaying gestures which are foul, abusive, or obscene in
nature. Platforms for display include clothing, signage, chants, social media posts, or any other
- Fans will abide by the both the venue and USL smoke device policy. Adherence to this policy includes
only the use of approved devices, timing of use, locations, safety precautions, and users with signed
waivers on file.
- Fans will follow directions from venue staff regarding compliance with the Fan Code of Conduct,
stadium policies, and emergency procedures.
- Fans that are 21 and older will consume alcohol in a responsible fashion.
- Fans will not behave in ways that are unruly, disruptive, inappropriate, or illegal in nature.
- Fans will not fight or incite violence.
- Fans will not damage property either inside or outside the venue.
- Fans will not interfere with the progress of the match including entering the playing field or
surrounding area, throwing objects, including throwing of objects on or towards the field, or
declining to promptly return a ball that has gone out of play.
Violation of the Fan Code of Conduct will result in sanctions as deemed applicable by the United Soccer League office and Member
Club including but not limited to warnings, ejections, venue bans, removal of supporter privileges, or arrest.